Interactive, personalised golf instruction from fully qualified PGA professionals. Cost effective and easily accessible online lessons designed to improve your game, wherever you are. Cloud storage of your golf videos and lessons, track your improvement over time. The website is completely mobile friendly, allowing you to utilise it on your phone.
GolfGuru PGA professionals go through your golf game one fault at a time, i.e. one fault per video. We determine the initial fault, show it to you, explain the cause and effect, and finally tell you how to correct it. Clear, simple instruction that is effective and very easy to implement by yourself. Our mission is to help you play better golf
How to get started:
- Step 1: Capture video of your golf on your phone or digital camera
- Step 2: Register for an account (free of charge - no obligation - once off)
- Step 3: Login to your account for membership options
- Step 4: Email, whatsapp or upload the video to golfguru.co.za
- Step 5: View the voice over analysis video online from your private account
How you film your swing is crucial in receiving a great lesson. Whether you are using your phone, tablet, digital camera or video camera there are a couple of key elements in capturing video that can be correctly analysed.
Angles - Film down the line (DL) and front on (FO).
The camera must be held mid way between the players feet line and golf ball for DL shots. For FO shots the camera should be 90 degrees to the target line. In both cases center the golfer in the frame. The golfer should fill the frame at the top of the backswing, i.e. hands and clubhead at the top of the frame, ball and feet at the bottom of the frame.
Hold the camera approximately 1 meter above the ground in both cases.
Video size - If possible trim the video to the start and finish of the swing. Alternatively try to start filming as close to the start of the swing as possible and stop filming as soon as the player completes the swing. This will help keep file sizes down, speeding up the sending video process. Please note that golfguru.co.za will not accept video file sizes larger than 20MB.
* Terms & Conditions
- Membership is non-transferable - one golfer per membership
- Membership valid from date of purchase for applicable time period
- Maximum of one video analysis per day
- No automatic renewal or contract
- Please ensure that you send the videos from the website or your registered email address / phone number
- Voice over analysis videos will only be created and uploaded if you have a valid membership
- 24 Hour turnaround time for video analysis (excluding promotions)
- Please note that it is against the rules of golf to ask for or take advice from an outside party during a competitive round of golf
- Video files larger than 20MB will not be processed
GolfGuru Copyright © 2017
All rights reserved